The project was the internal refurbishment, remodelling and repairs to the public toilet facility at lets, for the Deep History Coast Discovery Visitors Centre in Cromer.
The project spec included:
- Survey of the existing building
- Full strip out of existing facilities and services
- New plumbing and drainage works
- New fire alarms
- Plastering and internal finishes
- Provision of accessible facilities
Client: North Norfolk District Council
Project: Cromer Deep History Coast Discovery Visitors Centre and Toilet Facilities.
Start: September 2019
Completion: November 2019
- Removal of the old information desk
- Strip out of all services including plumbing, drainage, electrical and fire alarm.
- Demolition works to form accessible WC
- Fit supply and installation of white goods, sanitary ware, panels and cubicles.
- Undertook works to ceilings, rendering, plastering, decorating and all internal finishes.
- Working alongside the Councils recommended contractor for electrical and mechanical works.
- Fitting of accessible public facilities, with DDA adaptations
We had to ensure the public access to the front of the toilets was maintained at all times with deliveries to the site organised to cause minimum disruption to the public.
Location of the storage container and site hut was had to be agreed with the Council as it was on a car park facility. The car park had to remain open to the public during the contract period.