Two Hybrid / Electric Vehicle charging points have been installed at Aspect Group Services Head Office in Wymondham.
Aspect Group Services Ltd has long been passionate about developing our capability with innovative technologies and specifically in the area of renewable and sustainable energy. As a result, this has naturally taken us to enter the Electric Vehicle (EV) charging installation market.
With our existing network of highly qualified staff, local knowledge and developing technologies it feels like the ideal time to take the step into the market place.
Selecting the Zappi Charger to use at our head office in Wymondham felt like the ideal fit as it is compatible with a wide range of electric/ hybrid vehicles.
The impressive range of chargers that we now offer installation of, which caters for all price points and requirements also includes the Rolec and Andersen chargers. The range is part of the OLEV grant scheme, with the units being manufactured in the UK and is compatible with solar PV or wind turbine systems.
Complete the full installation of two 3 Phase Zappi fast charger 22KW EV unit points in an office building whilst it is occupied.
Why do it?
- Catering to the needs of staff & visitors
- Reducing the organisation’s carbon footprint – making travel more environmentally aware
- Preparing for the introduction of electric commercial vehicles
Zappi has special eco charging modes which will benefit commercial organisations with grid-tied microgeneration systems, like wind or solar generation. Charging current for the units are automatically and continually adjusted in response to both on-site generation and power consumption.
In FAST charge mode, Zappi operates like an ordinary EV charging station. 7kW Single Phase 22kW 3-Phase
- 3 charging modes (Fast, Eco and Eco+)
- OLEV approved
- Controllable via a smartphone – ‘MyEnergi App’
- Optimises microgeneration self-consumption
- Works with solar PV or wind turbine systems
- Single or 3-Phase
- Economy tariff sense input
- Programmable timer function
- Charge and event logging
- Pin-code lock function
- Tap operated display backlight
- Built-in RCD protection
- Integral cable holster
- Remote control and monitoring add-on option
- Supplied with clip-on grid current sensor
- As the property is a busy commercial premise, consideration had to be given to ensuring that the works did not disturb onsite staff
- Completion within a single working day
- Prompt turnaround from idea to delivery – to be ahead of the arrival of a new electric vehicle to the site
Prior to the installation, it was necessary to complete a site survey – this included assessing:
- the electric supply coming into the building (if it is single or 3 phase)
- the location of the consumer unit
- the most suitable type of charger
- the best route from the charger to the consumer unit with minimal disruption, whilst considering the overall aesthetics.
After the installation was completed, we also had to set-up the user interface, in addition to delivering all training required for the endpoint users.
The project was completed to schedule, with the minimum amount of disruption, allowing for immediate and long term use. Giving the company peace of mind that a great job has been completed.
“Aspect is very conscious of playing its part in reducing carbon fuel emissions, so promoting hybrid / electric fleet vehicles has led us to installing two 22kw fast EV chargers at our Head Office. As the world is turning to alternative renewable fuels we are responding to growing client demands and offering commercial and domestic EV charger installations, alongside existing renewable sources and energy storage technologies.“
Matt Dillon, Director – Aspect Group Services Ltd
Get a quote for your Electric Vehicle Charger Installation today!