We are recruiting!
Aspect Group Services Ltd. has established itself as the premier provider of Roofing, Property Services, Renewable Energy and Scaffolding in East Anglia.
Operating in the private, commercial and public sectors, our projects range from minor repairs and maintenance, bespoke projects through to major capital improvement programs. By working in an integrated manner across each unique division we aim to ensure our customers are totally satisfied by the quality of our services so they will come back to us time and time again.
Following recent long term contract awards, Aspect Group Services Ltd are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor.
If you are looking to be an integral part of a leading Customer focussed, dynamic, performance driven team then keep reading…
To assist and produce priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within deadlines. Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further invitations to tender (ITT’s) and provide clearly identified price build-ups to the contract team.
Develop and assess material, labour and equipment rates as required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers. Manage and report project cost value reconciliations (CVR’s) and processes. The role will include day to day liaison and enabling tasks with stakeholders including; operational colleagues, sub-contractors, suppliers, materials and plant ordering along with sub-contractor and supplier invoice approval, processing and agreeing variations, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Carry out detailed surveys, scope and specify technical solutions that ensure proposals meet all statutory compliance and industry performance standards. Prepare estimates/ quotations
- Oversee or complete the quote analysis comparison and make selection for inclusion in priced tender
- Assist with ensuring all quality, health, safety and environmental processes are adhered to
- Interrogate and analyse individual rates and prices, amend, create new or insert from material and subcontract quotes
- Post-tender meeting with the Client team to carry out value engineering exercises if necessary liaising with the relevant internal departments and suppliers and/or sub-contractors as appropriate
- Contribute to business reporting and KPI data gathering at regular intervals for onward communication internally and sales pipeline/ forecasting
- Proactively seek new business opportunities and develop organic growth with existing/ new clients. Contribute to PQQ & ITT submissions
- Work with colleagues in the commercial control structure to ensure that commercial targets, objectives and KPIs are achieved
- Manage and report monthly cost value reconciliation processes and present to Head of Commercial
- Monitor timely cash collection in relation to WIP and debtors from clients/ customers
- Oversee the selection, vetting and placement of sub-contractors’ agreements and contractual conditions
- Collect and maximise all contractual variations, minimise contractual irregularities and problems
- Perform risk reviews, negotiating and agreeing contracts
- Ensure all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations
- BSc / HNC or equivalent in building or surveying
- Word processing and computer skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing – Word, Excel & Outlook
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
- Driving license holder with own car
- Part-qualified RICS/ desire for further commercial training
- Relevant CSCS/ SSSTS/ SMSTS card
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction environment. Knowledge of building, material components, building regulations, estimating (including taking-off) and H&S.
- Previous estimating experience of at least 3 years
- Contract Surveying experience – standard forms of contract, Knowledge of schedules of rates/ Frameworks
- Basic Salary up to £50,000 – £55,000 per annum, (subject to qualifications & experiences)
- Car Allowance
- 30 days annual leave, including bank/public holidays
- NEST Pension
- Westfield Heath
- Smart Phone/ Tablet
- Training and ongoing development plan
To apply, please send your details and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01953 660550 and ask to speak to Katie Laws-Chapman for an initial discussion.