Main Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for the completion of planned electrical works and one-off M&E projects.
You will be customer facing and competent in undertaking all electrical installation responsibilities from EV Charge points to replacement lights as part of a growing team. The role will involve bespoke domestic and commercial installation, commissioning and certification, including client training and handover.
Working across all our existing Operational divisions, you will ensure that installations comply with Design, Quality and Installation standards (within estimated costs) and that operational activities comply with Contractual, Health & Safety and the latest Electrical regulatory requirements. You will work on all projects, simultaneously ensuring compliance of each project or contract and recording/responding to variations whilst ensuring timely project and programme delivery, within agreed commercial parameters.
This role also requires maintenance of the highest standards of Health and Safety, quality, environmental and regulatory compliance, procedures, and legislation.
As consumer demand is shifting to alternative renewable energies Aspect are responding to growing client demands and offering commercial and domestic EV charger installations, alongside existing renewable sources and electric energy storage technologies.
Scope & Responsibilities of the Role:
- Carry out bespoke installations
- Undertake PAT testing when required
- Ensure statutory and company Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are adhered to
- Continually review daily resources/delivery solutions with a view to maximising operational capabilities, delivery, efficiencies, and bottom line contribution
- Complete all paperwork including labour returns, timesheets and material allocations
- Manage electrical materials for relevant tasks
- Work alongside operational and commercial colleagues to build, manage and motivate an effective and cohesively performing team
- Ensure timely handover of completed projects against the programme of works, targeting ‘zero’ defects at handover
- Mentor and support Electrical Apprenticeship placements through to qualified status
- Implement continuous improvement and total customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate an appetite for growth and improved service, proactively seek new business opportunities and fostering organic growth with existing clients.
- Fulfil all reasonable requests made by the Electrical Supervisor QS, in accordance with the role and responsibilities
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrical Installations (Installation, Buildings and Structures) or equivalent
- City & Guilds Electrical Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification (2391-52)
- City & Guilds PAT Tester (2377-22)
- Trained in latest BS 7671 18th edition requirements
- Experience of renewable energy (PV) installations and EV charging points would be advantageous, although training can be provided
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme card holder (CSCS)
- Strong multiple projects management/co-ordination experience
- Awareness of Gas, Oil & LPG Mechanical Heating Systems and Controls would be advantageous
Competent in the installation, repair and maintenance of domestic and commercial electrical equipment and components.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in building refurbishment and property improvement works.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Public, Social, Commercial, Education and Private sectors.
Organised and efficient site management skills and strong customer service skills.
Experienced in working to tight/changing deadlines and multi-tasking.
A sound understanding of (or desire to learn about) the use of IT and innovative smart technologies, smart controls and installations.
Skills & Attributes:
· First rate communication skills
· Can do attitude with attention to detail
· Computer/ tablet literate
· Must be a team player
· Excellent flexibility and adaptability
· Skilled in estimating time and material requirements of assigned work projects
· Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) qualified (Desirable)
· Microsoft Excel & Word – Intermediate level
· Lone working (Desirable)
· Asbestos Awareness (Desirable)
· Asbestos/gas/oil & electrical statutory compliance
· Knowledge of CDM and H&S regulations
· Professional delivery with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong people skills with a proven ability to engage with site operatives and sub-contractors
· Organised and methodical, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
· Technically competent and able to translate effectively
· Good communicator with strong client and customer service skills
· Ability to work within tight deadlines
· Literate, articulate and numeric
Attractive benefits package, including 30 days annual leave, private health insurance, death in service benefit, company vehicle and fuel card, mobile phone provided.
For more info or to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or contact us via 01953 665980.